Thursday, October 4, 2007

First day conviction

Okay, it's happened again: I've started a new job with a desk and a phone, and I'm sitting here wondering what to do, just like Costanza did when he got a new job. At least this time, I have incentive to look busy: my office is in a well-travelled hallway, so there's a buzz of acitvity and people walk past and glance in pretty regularly.

I'm also not as claustrophobic (and a little more office-saavy) than last time. I'm thinking that for the first few days I'll decorate, blog, read e-mail, and, time permitting, break the script down into managable chunks. There's an editor who has a guitar on a stand in his bay, which I think gives precedent for me to bring a tele in, or at least a Danelectro...

My AP this season has experience (for a change) and has been to film school (what's that like?). I've worked with AP's before who a) were emotionally arrested at age 14 b) would periodically try to go over my head if a particular assignment was inconvenient c) lack professionalism and experience and d) like, talk, dude, like um, this was like, Ridgemont High dude, and um like, Spicoli was our like diction coach dude (no way!)

But as you can see, I'm stoked, because, like I've got another gig directing true crime TV. Right now, someone else is getting Leo's sunglasses converted to AR-coated lenses...(and chatting organic cereal with Russell)

No comments: